Child Protection Policy Statement
The Milford and Brook School of Dance and its volunteers are committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all our children and young people by a commitment to best practise which protects them.
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- All children regardless of age, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people's welfare
The purpose of the policy:
- To provide protection for the children and young people who participate in our classes, shows and exams
- To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or at risk of harm.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- Adopting child protection guidelines thorough procedures and safe working practise for staff and volunteers.
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
- Sharing information about child protection and safe working practise with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
All teachers are DBS checked and fully insured. Teachers are also first aid trained and regularly attend Child Protection and Safeguarding Training.